Sunday, December 09, 2007

Saurav Hamara Gaurav......!

Bengal-uru, I didn’t know had so many fans of DADA and I must commend the audience out there, they really were lively and the atmosphere in the stadium was truly electric. Also would like to mention that the banners and posters on display were really innovative and I was just waiting to see the next ones….Just would like to say that Keep up the good work Bangalore.

Coming to the match between India–Pakistan played at the MA Chinnaswamy Stadium Bangalore, I would like to let the readers know that I am known to like the hated…and for this reason I break all rules and back them, Saurav Ganguly was/is one amongst them. Today, I am proud of myself that I backed DADA.


During the Chappell Era.... 2005-2006


I would not like to get into details of his achievements and his work of the past for the simple reason that I believe he is the greatest leader of modern era or for that matter any age India has produced. Besides I have done that in many of my previous articles, so really don’t want to get into the details of it all over again.

This one is merely to Congratulate Dada on scoring your maiden test double ton….I am proud of you DADA.

class is permanent....and now...2007

The Bengal Tiger kept roaring and will continue to do so…..

-GAG

8 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger யாத்ரீகன் said...

so atlast .. dada did some trick ?! ;-)

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger The Fite Klub said...

Yatrigan,

DADA has many tricks up his sleeve..its just these kids do not understand or pretend not to.

-GAG

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Venkat said...

Gaurav,
I feel genuinely happy for Ganguly.That makes cricket or any sport for that matter so fascinating.
However,It is important that we keep this in perspective.
I personally believe that Dravid, Ganguly and Sachin have to prove it again in Australia, collectively so that we win.
Any greatness bestowed upon them will be justified only then.
Well its just my opinion.

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger The Fite Klub said...

venkat,prove it all over again???
I tend to differ on this as if they fail does not prove that they are bad or if they succeed it does neither prove anything...they are great irrespective of how they fare down under this time...well this is just my opinion too...:) and its nice to differ.

-GAG.

 
At 5:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gaurav,
If they cannot prove it against Australia in Australia now, there is absolutely no point in scoring against 2nd rate bowling attacks of Pakistan or England or B'desh.
As much as I hate to bring this up , it is the truth.
When India drew against Aus last time, they had a weak 2nd rate bowling attack and it was not a surprise that we batted well.
What happened when the Aussies came back with full force.
Tendulkar has been very ordinary against 2nd rate attacks in Tests.
I would rather go and lose with youngsters than such seniors if they cannot contribute to and score more than 450 each time they go to bat .

My guess is our bowling is going to do well and the batsman will not. It is going to be a replay of the 1991-92 tour. I hope it does not happen.

Greatness means nothing to me.Only team wins against quality opposition.(in this case Aus or SA).
I would love to see the oldies play against Asif, Steyn or tait or Stu Clark.
Sorry mate, I am more of a critic than a fan.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger The Fite Klub said...

"If they cannot prove it against Australia in Australia now, there is absolutely no point in scoring against 2nd rate bowling attacks of Pakistan or England or B'desh",

Venkat, Do you really feel this attack of aussies are any good...i mean Lee is just ok ,Clark is a HYPE and Mitchell Johnson is just another left arm bowler, no quality spinners either.

So i beleive even if these guys score against this attack they would not get the credit and will have to prove all over again...somewhere else.

-GAG

 
At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a joke da, I cannot understand our strategy. Just to accommodate yuvraj, you make our best middle order batsman an opener and make him look like a fool.
Why cannot these guys be bold and drop dravid or yuvraj and jaffer and play karthik and sehwag.
Even if they get out they would do so going for runs.
Did you see the difference in fielding, Ganguly is pathetic. Dravid and tendulkar can do nothing but catch.
How many people can kumble hide.

I can't believe we hype our so called seniors so much. So much for our famed batting line up.

I believe cricket has become a game of fitness and we cannot survive on skill and wristy shots alone and could someone ask harbhajan to shut the #%#% up.

It is time to bring in some young and fresh legs who are hungry for success.

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger KD said...

had thot of commenting here, but venkat's already said everything i wanted to say...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home